Sunday, September 9, 2012

Two More for the Roll

As we are exploring the world of blogging, we were asked to find two blogs that were of interest to us.  I have chosen to scientific blogs, as I am going to be a science teacher.
 
The first blog I would you to check out is called Bad Astronomy by Discover Magizine.  This blog interested me becuase one of the ascepts of the degree is space science.  Phil Plait is the creator of this blog.  He is an author, lecturer, and an astronomer.  He worked on the Hubble Telescope for a decade and then six more years working on astronomy education.  After those 16 years, he set out to be a write.  He has written over "12 bazillion blog articles" and his most recent has an amazing picture.  The newest entry is titled, A New Moon from a new moon, is a picture of a new moon after sunset over the Pacific Ocean from the International Space Station.  The acutal article is short but is about when he is frustrated with anything he find this picture in his bookmarks and it makes everything better.

 
 
The second blog I added to by blog roll, or as I call it Penguin's Buddies, is titled, the Volcanism BlogBy the title, you can come to the conclusion that the blog will be about volcanoes.  I throughly enjoy studying them.  My first dream job was to be a volcanologist, however, there are not many volcanoes around the northwest part of Pennsylvania.  This blog gives updates on new activity around the world and also updates ongoing activity on active volcnaoes around the world.  There is a volocano in Cleveland, Alaska that the alert level was raised due to the growth of the lava dome.  Also Mount Enta in Italy has erupted for the 23rd time since January 2011.  They also provide a map that shows ongoing and new acticity around the globe.
 
 
 
I hope these blogs give you some insight into my interests. 



5 comments:

  1. Great wording but I noticed that the color of the links you attached are really hard to recognize. They are the same color as the rest of the wording and it can be fairly difficult to discern which part of the text is a link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blogs. What can you do with them in your own classroom? what aspects about them could you include with what you're doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo of the moon from the space station is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is hard to tell the links, but i really do like these two, I am very intersented in these things also and I will add these to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it is really interesting that you like volcanoes. Good use of your words and the pictures are pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete