Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Teaching Channel

Today in class we are exploring the Teaching Channel website.  This website is full of videos, I mean A LOT of videos!! Three of the videos that we had to watch today had to be from the Common Core section of the website.
 *The first video was about using comic book strip structures as a template to understand the underlining structure in a nonfiction introduction of a book.  Here is the link to this video: "Teaching Nonfiction Entry Points"
*The second video I watched was about when cyberbullying crosses the line and what students can do about it.  Here is the link to the video:  "Cyberbullying or Teasing?".  I chose this video because we as future teachers need to understand how to approach bullying, especially cyber bullying.
*The third video I chose to watch was: "Continental Drift Lesson Plan". I chose this video because it is about continental drift puzzles in a 6th grade class.  I am a Secondary Ed major in Earth and Space Science.

We then were asked to view two other videos from any subsection we wanted.
* I chose the video below.  This video caught my eye because it is about technology in the classroom.  THAT'S WHAT THIS COURSE IS ABOUT!!! BAZINGA!!



* The second video I chose is Teaching Geological Time.  I chose this because it is directly connected to my major!  And teaching geologic time is very hard to teach students because it has a lot of vocabulary terms.  Long, weird sounding, impossible to spell words.  This teacher makes Geologic Time easier and more hands on for students to understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment